LEARN IT ALL
Experts have prepared the curriculum at the Aastha Institute in
Pune, where the emphasis is on practical skill and theoretical knowledge too.
The Aastha Institute in Pune conducts course in gem and jewellery designing. It was
established in 1996 to provide systematic education in gemmology, diamond grading and
jewellery designing so as to enhance the quality of the subject and bring about awareness
for expert and trade purposes. The Institute imparts strong technical and practical
training. The faculty comprises trained professionals and there is also well
equipped gem testing laboratory.
Some of the Courses conducted here are as follows:
- The Gemmology course is designed scientifically forming the basis of gem identification
and the principle and use of gemmological instruments. Gemstones are dealt with in
totality and the forma is at par with Great Britain and American Institute of Gemmology .
- Jewellery Designing curriculum is on the lines of the GIA (Gemmological Institute of
America). From a general introduction in basic designing to advanced designing,
introduction to manufacturing techniques, drawing of designs, theory and practical
exercise on stone setting, presentation and sales aesthetics, etc., are some of the areas
- Diamond clarity and colour grading deals with diamond right from their introduction to
physical and optical properties and factors affecting diamond value.
- The course in pearls trains in differentiating between Natural, Cultured and Imitation
- Workshops are conducted by experts for the general public who want to understand the
subject of gemstone.
- Correspondence courses for out station candidates are conducted.
The course offered vary from four to eight weeks duration round the year. International
standards are maintained.
For further enquires contact:
#2, First Floor,Radiant plaza, 327,M.G.Road ,
PUNE 411001. Tel. (O): 91 20 - 6111647.